Learners and Staff
(Do not use the Username and Password boxes you see as these are for external guests who do not have an Access College Google account)
Learner Privacy Notice
Under the revised terms of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU 216/679) we have updated our privacy notices for learners.
The full notice covers the following information areas:
Scope of the Policy
How we use your information including the categories of learner information that we collect, hold and share including special category information.
Why we collect and use your information
The lawful basis under which we collect and process your information
Here are the official lawful reasons we use your data in full under Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulations:
- 6(1)a Consent: you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
- 6(1)b Contract: the processing is necessary for our contract to provide education and training, or because you have asked us to take specific steps (such as giving you information before deciding to apply for
admission) before entering into a contract.
- 6(1)c Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations). For example, in monitoring diversity, we ensure we comply with the Disability Discrimination
- 6(1)d Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life. We would only use this if you were a risk to yourself or another person as we would be under a legal obligation to do so.
- 6(1)f Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which
overrides those legitimate interests
We use your ‘special category data’ because we need to manage your learning and make sure you receive the best support, under our contract to provide you with learning, and to make sure we comply with our legal obligations, for example, to promote equality
and also because either
- You have given explicit consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specified purposes, or
- Using this data is necessary for employment and social security and social protection law for example, if you were to be involved in work experience or employment including volunteering as part of your course,
- Using this data is necessary because it is in the public interest to monitor equality in education, or
- Using this data is necessary because you need health or social care or treatment, or
- Using this data is necessary for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
How we collect your information
How we store your data
Who we share your information with and why
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, learners have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your young person’s educational record, contact email@example.com
Or in writing to:
Data Protection Team
Access to Music
24 Hulme Street
0330 123 3151
You also have the right to:
* object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
* prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
* in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
* claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
You can ask for certain actions to be taken to your personal data by contacting us below.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, or want to contact us about your rights we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance.
Our contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Access Creative College (Access to Music Limited) is registered as a Data Controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) our registration number is Z7480437